Bathurst Manor is a neighbourhood located in the North York district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It sits on a plateau bounded on the north by Finch Avenue West, on the west by Dufferin Street, on the east by the Don River (west branch), and on the south by Sheppard Avenue West. The area is also regarded as part of the Downsview postal area as designated by Canada Post. It is part of the former City of North York, which merged with five other municipalities and a regional government to form the new "City of Toronto" in 1998. It is part of federal and provincial electoral district York Centre, and Toronto electoral ward 10: York Centre (East). In 2006, it had a population of 14,615.
4 Shopping Plazas
8 Public safety
9 Notable people
11 External links
Bathurst Manor is one of several heavily Jewish-populated neighbourhoods on Bathurst Street. It is a suburban community of Ranch-style house, bungalows, side-split single-family homes and multi-family triplexes built between 1954 and the early 1960s. While most of the population was originally Jewish, and several synagogue congregations are located in the neighbourhood, there are also significant Italian, Russian and Filipino populations.
The community is home to the Canadian headquarters of B'nai Brith at 15 Hove St, the Bathurst Jewish Community Centre (BJCC), the Lipa Green Building at 4588 Bathurst St is for Jewish Community Services. The Royal Canadian Legion Branch Wilson 527 at 948 Sheppard Ave. W. Also the constituency offices of former M.P. Ken Dryden at 1030 Sheppard Ave. W, Unit 3A and M.P.P. Monte Kwinter at 539 Wilson Heights Blvd. The former being a member of the Liberal Party of Canada and the latter being a member of the Ontario Liberal Party.
In 1996, the Toronto Transit Commission extended subway service to the area with the opening of the Sheppard West station, at Allen Road and Sheppard Avenue, allowing a thirty-minute train ride to Union Station at the southern cusp of downtown Toronto.
- Source: en.wikipedia.org